Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Forced Sneezes is Dead! Long Live Forced Sneezes!

Welcome to the new, reincarnated Forced Sneezes, version 2.0.

The new year is almost here by some calendars, just here by others, and here already by others. Regardless, this is the time to vision the future, time to peer around the corner and decide what to grow in the next year. For the first time in a while, this year I'm taking some time off over the next few weeks to pause and dream about the future.

Yesterday the skies were clear and sunny, families playing in the playground and walking the beach looking for shells. I hiked up a steep trail through the forest, winding up the cliffs up to a meadow. As the trail climbed higher and higher, the sounds of the playground below faded away and the sounds of squirrels and crows grew louder. At each view point, I stopped to catch my breath and look out over the Sound, watching currents and waves below.

I am amazed at how clearly god speaks to my heart in places of great beauty. Just standing in the grove of fir trees was enough for me to stretch my neck to look up to the sky and give thanks to those who nourish and grow our planet. My plans for the year are still secret - it seems like the waiting for them to grow is too sacred to share yet. Right now our dreams are still whispers, just born.

No comments: