Monday, January 14, 2008

Waiting for Imbolc

Apologies, Dear Reader - I’ve been Away, house sitting, without Internet. Not a bad gig – I watch TV, walk the dog, read, rest. It's wonderful to be back at the House with Dear Housemates, though.

Right now we are between New Year’s and Imbolc, which is the halfway point between Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox. We’ve made our resolutions, and are waiting for the perfect moment to release them into the world. After the darkness of the Solstice, the light is starting to emerge, so faintly you almost can’t tell. This lends a certain quality to January that I love – a sense that this time doesn’t count, is only practice for the real work in another few weeks.

I’m spending January preparing for the year. This year I’ll be bringing dreams for my life to reality, solidifying diffuse ideas into something true and concrete. Time to start spending my energy on my plans, to see which ones work and where they will take me.

Last year I was pruning – casting aside all the extras, familiar ideas, old patterns, old branches and leaves. I’ve only started building during the past 3 months or so – gradually starting to re – member forgotten dreams and visions about who I am and what world I want to live in. Now all that’s left is to put small changes to work – how I spend my minutes, where my dollars go, things like that.

Like wintering cherry trees, saving precious energy in their roots, I’m trying to eke by until Spring, when I can explode upwards into a halo of blossoms and new branches. I can’t wait.

No comments: